Fairleigh Dickinson University’s program is rated one of the top ten hospitality management programs in the country by TheBestSchools.org.
Stay on top of technological and global changes in the hospitality industry with Fairleigh Dickinson University’s online master’s in hospitality management degree. This rigorous and relevant program, developed by hospitality management experts, challenges inventive thinkers to become tomorrow’s leaders.
The coursework is designed to meet the needs of those working in the field who are looking to grow in their career and achieve a higher level of leadership and innovation. Become an asset to your company by learning the top trends in the industry and how to stay ahead of them.
AI has changed how the hospitality industry operates, but success in this area will always come down to how the businesses in it are run. Unlike similar degree programs, FDU’s online master’s in hospitality management will give you the skills you need to stand out among your peers and become “future-proof.”
Explore Career-Enhancing Topics
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Analytical competencies
- Digital and social media marketing
- Financial and revenue management
- Conflict resolution
- Global marketing and management
With a master’s in hospitality management, you’ll be uniquely prepared to expand your career as a hotel manager or owner, event planner, food service director, entrepreneur and more. Learn from experienced professionals at the oldest school of international hospitality and tourism in the New York metropolitan area.
The online hospitality management degree is designed to be flexible, so it can fit in your busy schedule without sacrificing the experience and knowledge of our renowned, on-campus faculty. Each course module is built by experts in the field, and the courses focus on the frameworks, constructs and methodology that is being used by global organizations today.
Courses and Requirements
Earning an online master’s in hospitality management online will help you stand out in the hospitality industry and address current topics in tourism and entertainment. You’ll become familiar with contemporary marketing tactics, sustainability topics, and more.
Students are required to complete ten three-credit-hour courses in this program. Nine of the courses will be broken up into three modules each. These modules are one-credit-hour each and will be offered individually for non-degree seeking students.
Explore the Program
- Innovation leadership
- Property positioning strategies
- The psychology of persuasion and what makes one click
- Revenue optimization in branded hotels
- Leveraging online distribution
- Optimizing GOPAR (Gross Operating Profit per Available Room)
- Fitting talent acquisition and retention strategies with brand promise
- Adapting to Gen X and Z talent and consumer needs
- How to best leverage technology in your talent search
- Customer data security
- Understanding and leveraging guest centric payments methods
- Attributes: the future of hotels and connectivity
- Independent and lifestyle hotel branding
- Understanding the online distribution space
- Understanding payment options in a global consumer market
- Analyzing trending tendencies in hotel & resort branding and design
- Current Innovation leaders and trend setting in the hospitality space
- Analyzing the use of multimedia in digital marketing platforms
- Financial perspectives for implementing sustainable business practices in hospitality
- Sustainable business practices’ impact on guest experience
- National and International regulatory perspectives affecting sustainable business practices
- Managing digital content across distribution channels
- Engaging online with the guest dreaming and planning phases
- Engaging with the guest in the booking process Course
- Domestic students will complete a project
- International students will complete an internship
*Student must identify the opportunity
Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree in hospitality or a related field or do not have applicable industry-level work experience may be required to take foundation courses HRTM 6100 and HRTM 6200 (six credit hours).
Applicants to the online master’s in hospitality program will need to submit the following:
- Complete application
- Official transcripts
- A current resume
All applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and have a GPA of at least 2.75.