Fairleigh Dickinson University is ranked among the best universities in the North region by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges 2018.
Increase your competitive edge in a rewarding field with the online master’s in Service Innovation and Leadership at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Whether you want to own a business, advance in the service industry or secure a management position in another field, the program trains you in the leadership skills you need to go further in your career.
Through our master’s in Service Innovation and Leadership online curriculum, you’ll develop your understanding of critical service industry strategies, financial systems, service management, marketing, and more. Our program’s course of study combines theory and practice, building on the work experience you already have while preparing you for tomorrow’s professional challenges.
Some key topics covered by our program include:
- Research methods
- Service theories and strategies
- Customer satisfaction management
- Managerial finance and valuation techniques
- Human resource management
- Global context of the service industry
- Communication and conflict management
- Civil law
- Service industry accounting
- Supply chain management
- Organizational behavior
- International marketing
Graduates of our online service innovation and leadership degree gain a strong foundation in leadership, service strategies, organizational communication, and other crucial skills. They are successfully prepared to lead in a host of industries that serve the public, including hospitality, retail management, restaurants, and more.
When you earn your service innovation and leadership degree online, you’ll experience a format that fits your needs as a working professional. You’ll have flexibility to attend class when and where it’s right for you, and work at an academic pace that fits around your commitments to work and life.
Courses and Requirements
The online M.S. in Service Innovation and Leadership is designed to help working professionals become leaders in the next stage of their careers. In a community of scholars, FDU helps participants to master their abilities through advanced education.
Take all of the following courses:
- MSSIL 7001 Introduction to Graduate Studies and Research
- MSSIL 7003 Current Concepts of Leadership in the Service Industry
- MSSIL 7004 Service Management
- MSSIL 7005 Managing Service Industry Financial Systems
- MSSIL 7006 Human Resource Management and Development in the Service Industry
- MSSIL 7007 Global Marketing for the Service Industry
- MSSIL 7008 Organizational Communication and Conflict Management
- MSSIL 7009 Capstone Service Innovation and Leadership
- MSSIL 7010 Technology in the Service Industry
Choose one of the following courses as an elective:
- MSSIL 6001 Civil Law and the Service Industry
- MSSIL 6002 Accounting for Service Industry Administrators
- MSSIL 6003 Distribution System Management
- MSSIL 6004 Global Service Industry Business Management
- MSSIL 6005 Organizational Behavior
- MSSIL 6006 Ethical, Legal and Social Issues in the Service Industry
- MSSIL 6007 Strategic Processes in Service Firms
Applicants to the online M.S. Service Innovation & Leadership program will need to submit the following:
- Graduate application form
- Official transcripts
- Current resume
Applicants must possess a four-year degree from an accredited college or university, during which they must have maintained a GPA of 2.75 or higher. This program does not require GMAT or GRE scores for admission.