Ranked among 2018's Top U.S. Colleges by The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education.
At Fairleigh Dickinson University, we’re invested in your success as a nursing professional. Our online RN-BSN degree provides you with the opportunity to earn your bachelor’s degree, putting you on the path toward higher earning potential and a better career.
Our online RN-BSN program trains working nurses for management and leadership positions. As a student, you’ll learn how to deliver comprehensive care to individuals and families in all environments, and gain the skills necessary to make you competitive in the job market.
Some key curriculum topics include:
- Health assessment
- Health promotion strategies
- Economic influence on healthcare
- Ethical decision-making within healthcare
- Contemporary issues in nursing
- Holistic patient care
- Clinical practice research
- Nursing administration
- Nursing education
At the end of the BSN program, you’ll be able to:
- Apply critical-thinking practices to all aspects of care
- Demonstrate professional behaviors, guided by ethical and legal principles
- Incorporate values of human care in the nursing process
- Synthesize knowledge from both liberal arts and professional education to meet healthcare needs of a changing society and world
- Use research, problem-solving strategies, and evidence-based practice to improve outcomes
- Exhibit leadership behavior consistent with the profession
- Demonstrate cultural competence in the nursing process
- Collaborate with clients, health team members and others to maximize health potential
Faculty members of the online RN-BSN program are leaders in the field who have years of relevant expertise. Additionally, you’ll study with a community of scholars, and gain professional connections by working with like-minded students. At the completion of the program, you’ll be prepared to enter leadership positions, or continue your education at higher levels of study.
Courses and Requirements
The online RN-BSN program is designed to advance nursing professionals to the next stage of their careers. FDU helps participants to master their abilities through advanced education.
- CSC 1105 Computers and Software
- PSYC 2201 Statistics
- History elective
- English literature elective
- UNIV 1001 Transitioning to University Life
- UNIV 1002 Preparing for Professional Life
- NURS 2200 Health Assessment I
- NURS 2201 Lab: Health Assessment I
- NURS 3208 Healthcare Economics
- NURS 3209 Bioethics
- NURS 3371 Professional Nursing in the 21st Century
- NURS 4410 Community Health Nursing
- NURS 4420 Health Care Management
- NURS 4430 Nursing Research
- NURS 6600 Introduction to Advanced Nursing Practice: Philosophy & Theories
- NURS 7702 Advanced Pathophysiology
- And two nursing electives
Applicants to the RN-BSN program will need to submit the following:
- Undergraduate application form
- Official college transcripts from an accredited school* with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or B
- Copy of their RN license
Note there is no minimum requirement for nursing work experience.
*Associate degree only. High school transcripts are not needed