To help you prepare for the upcoming semester, we have included a list of important information to assist you with gaining admission and registering for courses.

Should you have any questions, please contact:

Office of Veterans Services
Fairleigh Dickinson University
1000 River Road
Mail Stop H-DH1-06
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201) 692-7085

Military Separation/Discharge Papers

A report of separation is issued upon completion of at least 90 consecutive days of active duty service in the military, and is needed to verify military service for educational benefits. It is important to retain this document for your records because requesting a duplicate from the VA may take longer than expected.

If you do not have your discharge papers, here are two ways to locate them. First, try obtaining them through E-Benefits at or try

VA Educational Benefits

To begin the process, you must apply for VA education benefits with the Veterans Administration. The application can be completed at The VA will issue a certificate of eligibility; attendance must be verified by FDU initially, and each semester thereafter.

FDU Admissions Application

For FDU undergraduate programs of study, veterans can apply at the University’s undergraduate admissions pages. Applicants interested in FDU graduate programs of study can access general and special application forms for graduate study.

Request Military and College Transcripts

Arrange for your official military transcripts, and official transcripts from colleges previously attended (if any) to be sent as soon as possible. You can request U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, or U.S. Coast Guard transcripts here. U.S. Air Force may request transcripts from either Community College of the Air Force or Air University.

These transcripts will be evaluated by FDU; credits may be awarded for some previous educational experiences. An FDU checksheet will be prepared identifying credits transferred and courses required in the first semester for your program of study.

Important Information About Prior Educational Experience

In general, your military and college credits are evaluated based on the following University policies:

  1. FDU transfer decisions are based on the applicability and comparability of the courses and credits in relation to the student’s selected program of study.
  2. Only credits transfer to FDU, not grades earned.
  3. 96-credit maximum, inclusive of military education experiences, military occupation specialties, and credits transferred from other accredited institutions; 90 credits for Individualized Studies major.


*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at