Fairleigh Dickinson University is ranked #14 in Best Value Schools in the north by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges 2023.
The online master’s degree in Cyber and Homeland Security Administration at Fairleigh Dickinson University is an opportunity to use your background in public service to advance your career. Whether you’re a U.S. military veteran, first responder, healthcare professional, or come from an unrelated field, our program provides you with the training you need to become a leader in the security field.
As you work your way through our state-of-the-art curriculum, you’ll develop the skills and understanding you need to lead and manage your organization’s security and administration. The homeland security degree online program emphasizes theoretical and practical aspects of the field, and is taught by experienced professors who are personally invested in your success.
Key topics covered by the online homeland security program include:
- Computer security
- Cyber crime
- Threat assessment
- Disaster preparedness
- National response plans
- Interagency collaborative agreements
- Disaster management strategies
- Collaborative and organizational leadership
- Research and policy analysis
When you complete the online M.S. in Cyber and Homeland Security Administration program, you’ll have the skills you need to work strategically, communicate effectively, research well, and apply critical-thinking skills to positions of leadership.
Earning your homeland security degree online means you’ll never have to sacrifice your commitments to work and life for your education. A fully online degree means the flexibility you need to attend class when and where it’s right for you, and complete your education at your own pace.
Courses and Requirements
The online master’s in Cyber and Homeland Security Administration is designed to help students become leaders in the security profession. In a community of scholars, FDU helps participants to master their abilities through advanced education.
- CHSA 7601 Homeland Security and Constitutional Issues
- CHSA 7602 Research and Policy Analysis
- CHSA 7603 WMD/Terrorism Awareness
- CHSA 7604 Strategic Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation
- CHSA 6602 Computer and Network Security
- CHSA 6604 Assessing Internal and External Threats
- CHSA 6605 Preparing for Catastrophic Emergencies
- CHSA 6608 Terrorism and Disaster Management
- CHSA 6609 The Face of Terror
- CHSA 6619 Collaborative Leadership
- CHSA 6620 Organizational Leadership
- CHSA 6622 Effective Team Building
- CHSA 6626 Resolving Conflicts in Organizations
- CHSA 6627 Values and Ethics for Decision Making
Applicants to the online M.S. in Cyber and Homeland Security Administration program will need to submit the following:
- Graduate application form
- Official transcripts
- Current resume
- A personal statement
Applicants must possess a four-year degree from an accredited college or university, during which they must have maintained a GPA of 2.75 or higher. This program does not require GMAT or GRE scores for admission.