Fairleigh Dickinson University is ranked among the best universities in the North region by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges 2019.
Meet the needs of diverse students and address ongoing systemic issues with the online Ed.D. Higher Education program from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Delivered in an interactive online learning platform, the Ed.D. program is designed to create professionals who are effective leaders of higher education. As a doctoral student, you will gain the skills necessary for diverse administrative leadership careers in college and university settings as you explore the utilization of data analytics to solve problems within higher education. In addition, the Ed.D. in Higher Education online program will also help you build a strong understanding of sustainable global practices and learn to apply them to support your local community, institution and the needs of your students.
OUR ONLINE ED.D. HIGHER EDUCATION HELPS YOU DEVELOP CAREER-ENHANCING COMPETENCIES IN AREAS SUCH AS:
- Applying data analytics
- Globally minded solutions to systemic issues within education
- Strategizing partnerships between employers and educators
- Enrollment and retention
- Educational innovation
- Creating an inclusive culture for an institution
The Ed.D. Higher Education online program can be completed entirely online in 26 months. Requirements include a dissertation and the completion of 45 credits through a variety of courses that cover essential higher education topics, including academic innovation, effective retention methods, data analysis, field internships and more. Courses are taught in 8-week sessions by educators with years of field experience. Monthly meetings with academic advisors and faculty members will take place face-to-face on campus or through online video conferences. There will also be opportunities for summer residencies, which include symposia, workshops and interdisciplinary projects.
Created with working individuals in mind, the Ed.D. Higher Education online program is delivered through Fairleigh Dickinson University’s online classroom with flexible schedule options to help you balance the next step in your education with your full-time professional and personal responsibilities. Study online when it’s convenient and wherever your busy schedule takes you.
Not eligible for this program yet? Accelerate your path to the Doctorate:
If you complete the Master of Arts in Student Services Administration program, you can receive Advanced Standing into the Doctor of Education – Higher Education program. 6 – 9 credits would be applied towards the 45 credit hour Doctorate upon admission. Click here to read more about the Master of Arts in Student Services Administration and the Bridge-to-Doctorate program.
Courses and Requirements
The Ed.D. Higher Education online program combines data analytics with social justice to prepare students for diverse roles in college and university settings. While navigating a curriculum founded on innovative academic solutions, students will become proficient in effective and current administrative practices, database management, statistical analysis and more.
- EDUC 8650 Organization and Administration in Higher Education
- EDUC 8651 History of Higher Education
- EDUC 8652 Database Management and Reporting in Higher Education
- EDUC 8653 Sustainable Development and Higher Education
- EDUC 8654 Innovation and Technology in Higher Education
- EDUC 8655 Building an Inclusive University Culture
- EDUC 8656 Enrollment Management
- EDUC 8657 Community Development and Workforce Skills in Higher Education
- EDUC 8658 Higher Education Policy
- EDUC 8659 Data Analytics and Visualization in Higher Education
- EDUC 8660 Field-based Internship I
- EDUC 8661 Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education
- EDUC 8662 Quantitative and Statistical Analysis
- EDUC 8663 Research Methods and Design
- EDUC 8664 Dissertation Seminar
- EDUC 8665 Continuous Matriculation
Up to 9 credits from an accredited college or university may be approved for a waiver. To fulfill the 45-credit requirement, students can choose an online course from the following FDU graduate programs with the approval of their advisor:
- Student Services Administration
- Administrative Science
- Digital Marketing
- Business and Finance
All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and have completed a master’s program with a minimum of 36 credits from an accredited college or university with a cumulative 3.0 GPA. In addition, applicants must provide:
- Graduate application form
- A written statement addressing an area of interest in higher education that the student wishes to pursue
- Two letters of recommendation
- A resume that states the student’s educational background, work experience and professional goals
- Official college transcripts
- Previous work experience in higher education is preferred, but consideration will be given to qualified applicants